THE KELLY CARVE
Follow Paul Kelly’s tips for the unique Kelly Carve technique and serving your Christmas turkey will be a piece of cake! You also need a strong, sharp knife.
1. Holding the wing by the tip, cut it at the mid section. Repeat with theother wing (whole bird).
2. Holding the leg by the end knuckle, cut through the skin between the leg and the body then twist off. Repeat with the other leg (whole bird).
3. Using knife’s tip cut along the breast bone, keeping the knife close to the bone, until the breast is removed. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other side of the bird (whole bird).
3b for Demi bird, cut down through the breast to the bone, whilst leaving the slices still attached to the carcass. Repeat along the length of the breast.
4. Slice the breast to suit. (whole bird)
4b. Starting from the back bone, cut close to the carcass, releasing the slices of breast meat (demi bird).
5. Slice dark meat from leg and wing.
6. Arrange the meat on a platter and pour the hot cooking juices over the sliced meat. Allow the meat a few moments to soak up all the lovely juices before serving. (whole & demi bird).